Contact us today for your Cisco Unified communication requirements.
Cynosure provides both voice and video solutions for the ultimate seamless experience in business connectivity, whether in Singapore or overseas.
Cisco® Unified Communications Manager Express (Unified CME)
CME provides call processing to Cisco Unified IP Phones for distributed enterprise branch-office environments and retail deployments. Even branch offices within the same enterprise can have different needs and requirements when it comes to unified communications. Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express delivers on this need by providing localized call control, mobility, and conferencing alongside data applications on Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISRs).
Because the solution is Cisco IOS® Software-based, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express is easy to configure and can be tailored to individual site needs. It is feature-rich and can be combined with Cisco Unity® Express and other services on the Cisco ISR to provide an all-in-one branch solution that saves valuable real estate space. Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express is ideal if you are looking for an integrated, reliable, feature-rich unified communications system for up to 450 users.
Key Features and Benefits
Unified communications is currently undergoing tremendous growth, accelerated by access to value-added features and applications only unified communications can provide. Additionally, the cost benefits of converging data, voice, and video onto a single network are adding to the rapid acceptance of this technology.
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express enhances the advantages of convergence by offering the following benefits:
● Cost-effective operations through a single, integrated voice and data platform for all branch-office needs: Highly reliable Cisco routers, including the Cisco 800, 2900, 3900, and 4000 Series Integrated Services Routers, provide robust quality of service (QoS), network security, encryption, firewall, and network modules that deliver content networking and enhanced VPN services to address branch-office business needs. The system delivers integrated IP telephony, gateway, voicemail, and automated-attendant functions, allowing you to deploy one platform to address all your business needs, thereby simplifying management, maintenance, and operations and delivering a lower TCO.
● Sophisticated key system and private-branch-exchange (PBX) capabilities: Retail offices have different workflows and require specialized features to support their work practices. Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express delivers a robust set of telephony features for the retail office and delivers innovative value-added multimedia capabilities through XML and Java midlets. These capabilities, which traditional systems cannot deliver, enhance the productivity of the end user and the business.
● Application integration: The Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Services Interface application programming interface (API) facilitates development of computer telephony integration (CTI) between Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express and third-party applications to enable call monitoring, call control, and call provisioning with any Cisco Unified CME Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) endpoint. As a result, Cisco Unified CME can now be integrated with a variety of value-added unified communications service applications, in either co-located or service provider-hosted deployment scenarios, to support the critical unified communications services that are part of the end user’s business process.
● Cisco Unified CallConnectors for desktop CTI: You can simplify communications and facilitate collaboration between users and customers with the easy-to-use interface of the Cisco Unified CallConnector suite.
● Contact-center capabilities: From basic call queuing to sophisticated contact centers for small to medium-sized companies, branch-office locations, or departments, you can deploy agent-assisted or self-service applications to reduce business costs and improve customer response by providing sophisticated and basic automatic call distributor (BACD), interactive voice response (IVR), CTI, and agent and desktop services.
● Interoperability with Cisco Unified Communications Manager: You can deploy Cisco Unified Communications Manager at larger sites and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express at branch-office locations where local call processing is required without a dependency on the WAN. Using H.323 or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking, you can route calls over the WAN with calling-party name and number information, plus compressed voice for better WAN bandwidth usage.
● Investment protection and ease of upgrade to centralized call-processing systems: With a simple software configuration change on the router, you can convert Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express to Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST). Therefore, if you transition your unified communications architecture from a decentralized to a centralized architecture using Cisco Unified Communications Manager or Business Edition, the branch offices will be able to use Cisco Unified SRST to provide telephony survivability in the event of a WAN failure. Also, Cisco Unified SRST supports Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS) so that customers moving to cloud services can repurpose Cisco Unified CME for cloud telephony survivability. This flexibility helps ensure full investment protection no matter how a business’s needs may change.
● Remote maintenance and troubleshooting: You can use the industry-standard Cisco IOS Software command-line interface (CLI) or user-friendly GUI to configure and administer Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express allows a Cisco Integrated Services Router to provide rich call processing for Cisco IP phones including Cisco Jabber and Cisco DX650. All the necessary configurations and support files for IP phones are stored internally on the appliance, providing a single-platform solution. In addition, the solution offers a robust set of public-switched-telephone-network (PSTN) interfaces, integrated voicemail and automated attendant, and a full phone portfolio.
Cisco IOS Software offers industry-leading voice features designed for IP-based telephony systems, such as H.323 and SIP signaling, advanced QoS, and ISR interworking with an H.323 gatekeeper or SIP proxy server – all available for use with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express deployments. In addition, devices with integrated functions such as channel service unit/data service unit (CSU/DSU) and Network Termination 1 (NT1) are available with digital PSTN interface cards to provide flexible and robust voice services.
The Cisco® family of Business Edition 6000 (BE6000)
BE6K solutions gives employees a full range of collaboration tools: premium voice, video, messaging, instant messaging and presence, conferencing, video conferencing, contact center services, mobility capabilities, and more. With these tools your small or midsize business can boost productivity among employees and strengthen relationships with customers and business partners. And they can help you speed decision-making and reduce time-to-market.
The Cisco BE6000 family is purpose-built for companies with 25 to 1000 employees. The solutions consist of one or more modular, stackable servers so you can easily add more capacity to support additional users. And because they use virtualization technology, they pack a lot of collaboration tools into a small form factor.
Cisco BE6000 is delivered with a suite of preloaded, ready to activate Unified Communications and Collaboration applications. And as your business needs grow, you can easily “turn on” the additional application options supported, including contact center, video conferencing, and more.
With these choices in size and functionality, you can select a collaboration engine that meets your business’s specific needs.
Platform Model Options
Cisco BE6000 platforms are built on virtualized Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) products, which are designed for performance and density over a wide range of company sizes and business workloads. There are three models:
● BE6000H: Supports eight collaboration application options plus one for provisioning in a single virtualized server platform; maximum capacity of 1000 users, 2500 devices, and 100 contact center agents. Ideal for medium to large-scale end-to-end collaboration deployments (See Figure 1).
● BE6000M: Supports four collaboration application options plus one for provisioning in a single virtualized server platform; maximum capacity of 1000 users, 1200 devices, and 100 contact center agents. Ideal for medium-scale end-to-end collaboration deployments.
● BE6000S: Supports five fixed collaboration applications in a single integrated router/gateway/virtualized blade server platform; maximum capacity of 150 users and 300 devices. Ideal for small-scale “office in a box” collaboration deployments (See Figure 2).
Contact us now for more info on Cisco Telephony & Voice Solutions